Saturday 6 April 2019

Daily ballads as reminders to the lover

Listen,
At the day's end,
When I'm tired to the bone,
Won't you remember the language of love on my tongue?

The magic I bear in my eyes, and
The words I speak with passion?

These words are as close to me as my skin.

Don't remember the small differences that tend to creep up.

Think of the many tender afternoons and evenings that we've spent together
Conversing as only we can,
I don't speak, but you listen.

Your eyes follow mine.
I blush for a second,
Then adjust.

I focus,
After all, every inch of your heart is mine.

When you smile feebly,
Remember to add in your smile,
A little bit of my sunshine.
And smile, as much as you can.

Listen,
As the evening dawns upon us
Won't you remember?
How we spent today's twilight hour,
There was laughter and lots of banter.

There was a little crying in pain,
And sighing in heavy breaths,

But even this sighing was sighing,
Over how, we fell in love, yet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment