Saturday 28 April 2012

Childhood

Little folded hands, laughing faces and innocence.




Now, I stare at kids who play at the garden, while I feel like I was playing there just yesterday.  I was the carefree creature who had nothing to do except what I wanted to do.

TV meant Disney channel and shows like ‘Lizzie McGuire’, ‘Hannah Montana’, ‘That’s so Raven’, and films like ‘Harry Potter’ used to be my favourites.  Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy an episode of ‘The suite life of Zack and Cody’ or a film of the ‘Home Alone’ series, but somehow, something has changed. I no longer experience the pleasure of being a child.

‘The tale of 2 cities’ has been replaced by ‘The Immortals of Meluha’ and ‘Scarlet Pimpernel’ by ‘A thousand splendid suns’ As for TV, you better not ask. My favorite genre is crime, followed by mystery and then thrillers. ‘Supernatural’, ‘Castle’ and ‘Dexter’ are on the top of my ‘must see’ list. The good old days of school seem to be days of a different birth. Guess I should just go back to watching Friends and reminiscing about school days, try to discover how I lost my innocence and came of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment